Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Broccoli Cheese Soup

So totally random post today!

I made Broccoli Cheese soup today I thought I would share my "recipe"


 I have to preface this by saying:
I am a fly by the seat of my pants kinda girl when it comes to soups. I change it up regularly and always change it up!

Ingredients:

1/4 c Butter
1 onion, chopped
1 bunch of fresh broccoli <--This is one thing I NEVER substitute. It has to be the real thing.
3-14.5 oz cans of vegetable broth <-I prefer Swansons or Cottage Inn
8 oz give or take shredded cheeses
1 tbsp minced garlic 
1 can Campbell's condensed broccoli cheese soup-you could use cheddar soup, chicken, or whatever

 Directions

 Melt butter and add  chopped onion. Cook until onions are softened-starting to brown. 

Add chopped broccoli and cover with broth.


Simmer 10-15 minutes.

Add in cheese until melted. Today I used some mixed extra sharp Adams reserve cheddar and regular mild cheddar as well as a few oz mozzarella and for fun 4oz cream cheese softened. Be warned though do NOT use Fat free cream cheese it doesn't melt at all.
 Do I have more than 8 oz of cheese here? YOU BETCHA! I love cheese:)

Add in your cream of whatever or broccoli cheese soup base.

Warm thoroughly and enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. HI! I'm sorry I've been semi-MIA lately! I just tweeted your recipe :) Do you have a Twitter account?
    ~d

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I do not Twitter. I tried once and it just didn't take lol

      Thanks for the share:)

      Delete