Wednesday, September 4, 2013

McCalls 6020 Review

 
Stock photo from Mccalls

Pattern Description: Below mid-knee length dress with front band, gathered skirt, tulle ruffle on lining, back zipper and ribbon sash or tie ends. Sleeve options: sleeveless or gathered sleeves.

Pattern Sizing: 3-14. I made my three dresses in a 7, 8 and 12. All with changes except the sz 8. These were made for my brother's wedding this coming weekend.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? 
I think it does mostly.

Were the instructions easy to follow? I didn't use them too much. I did the dresses assembly style; cut all the patterns on fabric, make all the bodices, ect.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I liked this pattern for the simple lines and square neckline.

Fabric Used: I used a Seersucker that was chosen by the wedding party.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:  I omitted the tie sash on the bodice and instead of using ribbon (too hard to match the colors right) I just used a scrap of the fabric and made it look like the ribbon. Again, omitting the tie on the ribbon opting for a clean front.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?  It is a cute pattern but I don't know that I'll need another dress like this.






2 comments:

  1. Those dresses are super cute! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kris, I just found out that the girls are going to dress up as the 3 fairies from sleeping beauty for christmas and are going to reuse them!

    ReplyDelete