Sunday, June 29, 2014

My Little Junebug(s)

I know a pair of twin girls who's first birthday is fast approaching! The birthday party is next weekend--nothing like procrastinating, huh?? I decided since I rarely get to sew girly little dresses I would do something handmade for them. The Junebug dress from CINO fit the bill in size and style.




I decided to use My Mind's Eye, Unforgettable, Hexi Pink and Hexi Yellow as well as Unforgettable, Petals in Blue and  from Riley Blake. You can find this fabric on Fabricworm HERE. However, it doesn't look like the Petals in Blue is available anymore even though I just ordered this fabric last week.









The Junebug dress is a breeze to sew up. I've never used piping in my sewing and now I see why everyone who does goes through a PIPE-ALL-THE-THINGS phase. Ha! It just is very subtle but adds SO much to the finished garment. I have had this package of piping in my stash since...well the beginning of my sewing adventures. Just waiting for the right project to come along, right? I know y'all do the same thing!



























Can't you just see this in the fall with a long sleeved shirt under it too; with a little pair of tights? 
Almost makes me want a little girl of my own


.......Then I remember I must have lost my dang mind!




I have linked up to Simple Simon and Company Sewing Saturday #9
HERE

2 comments:

  1. oh my gracious, how cute are these?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it would be super cute, anyway, but the piping takes it up a notch. Great job!

    ReplyDelete