Sunday, August 10, 2014

Layer Cake Sampler QAL Progress and a WINNER!



I finally put my mind to finishing my blocks for the Layer Cake Sampler QAL this past week.
They have been staring at me from the corner of the sewing room. I had left off back in
 ((SHHH! ((march))!!)





Yea, I know. . . such a slacker. 

The worst part was that I had left off at the half way point (here) Week 6 and I already had the majority of my half square triangles already cut and ready to piece. 

This morning I decided to retake all the original blocks pictures I had done as well as the remaining blocks.
 I think it was worth getting up before 7 am on a Saturday to get them taken before my
 4 year old woke and would like to "help."





I think part of the road block for me is that I fell out of love with my fabric choices. 
Sad, but true. I love them on their own though!

I tried to use colors that I wouldn't normally pick or put together 
and sometimes it just doesn't vibe for you in the end.

Now I just need to get my sashing strips and quilt it up. This quilt is going to be massive though. 
The blocks alone are 16" finished, once the sashing is added in there it's suppose
 to end up being something like 80"x 98". 

If you want to do your own sampler quilt using HST;
 Material Girls is responsible for leading the way on the QAL here.


I know really y'all just want to know who the wishes giveaway winner is....







Drum Roll Please......






Congratulations Janie!
Now go check your email:)


1 comment: